- Dogs welcome. Dogs are very welcome at PetLife but please don’t bring any other pets. If you’d like to bring your dog, don’t forget to register them when you buy your ticket.
- Have fun with your dog. The idea of PetLife is to have a great day out with your dog. Have fun together and don’t leave them tied up or unattended.
- Stick together. Keep dogs on a lead at all times.
- Stay in control. You’ll need to be in control of your dog throughout the day so any headstrong hounds might be happier at home.
- Keep it clean. Dogs explore with their mouths so litter could cause them harm. Keep the day safe for everyone by cleaning up your litter (and your dog’s poo!).
- Take a break. It’ll be a long day out for your dog. Take plenty of breaks and be prepared to go home when they’ve had enough.
- Don’t leave dogs in hot cars. It puts your dog’s life in danger. The car park will be checked regularly and anyone who leaves their dog in a vehicle will be asked to leave the event.
- Travel safely. Make sure your dog is safely restrained in your car while you travel to and from the event.
- Our vets are on hand. PDSA vets and vet nurses will be at the event in case of emergencies. Check how to get vet help when you arrive – the emergency number will be printed in your event guide.
Pets are part of the family and we’re really excited that PetLife will be a dog-friendly day out. Places are limited to 2,000 dogs and you’ll need to register your pooch when you buy tickets.
Make sure you don’t miss out!
We’ve put together the following advice so all our guests – two and four-legged – can have a great day out.
- Does your dog love a long day out with the family?
- Are they friendly and confident with new people, including children?
- Do they like being around other dogs?
- Does your dog cope well in the heat?
- There won’t be any fireworks at the event but there will be music –are they calm around loud noises?
- Water and a bowl. There’ll be water stations throughout the show ground but bring your own water as well so your dog can have a drink whenever they need one.
- A coat and towels. Bring a cosy dog coat and some towels in case the weather turns cold and wet.
- Sunscreen. Dogs with white or thin fur can catch the sun – especially on the tips of their ears and nose. Stock up on pet-friendly sun block.
- Poo bags. You’ll need to clean up after your dog so make sure you have plenty of poo bags to hand!
- Vaccinations. You dog will be around lots of other dogs. We recommend they’re up to date on their vaccinations – speak to your vet about what’s right for your dog.
- A microchip. All dogs have to be microchipped by law. Check your contact details are up-to-date so your dog can easily be reunited with you should you get separated.
- A collar and ID tag. Make sure they’re dressed to impress with a well-fitting collar and an ID tag with your up-to-date contact details on.
- Forgotten something? Oops! Don’t worry, there’ll be loads of shopping opportunities at the event where you can stock up on poo bags, water bowls, treats and more.